A condition in which there is pain in foot, knees or other region of leg is known as leg pain. There are certain factors which can cause leg pain or cramps such as sprains, fracture, muscle strain, weak muscles, bone infections, bleeding in joints and tissue, skin inflammation, uncontrolled muscle contraction, nerve inflammation, nerve damage, arthritis, abnormal growth of tissue, lump formation, poor blood circulation, over-use, tumors, certain medications, certain illnesses and general weakness. Look at Info Sehat Klikdokter if you want to know more about Health information from KlikDokter.
Leg Pain, Cramps Home Remedies
There are several home remedies for leg pain, cramps which are simple to use and are quite safe to try at home without any risk of side effects. Some of the popular home remedies for leg pain which are being used since a very long time and have proved to be quite effective in many cases are:
1. One of the simplest home remedies for leg pain, cramps is to drink plenty of water on a regular basis. This will prevent dehydration in body and will avoid leg pain or cramps. Avoid consumption of alcohol and caffeine as they are diuretics and can cause dehydration in the body.
2. Take 200 to 250 grams of mustard oil and soak ten to fifteen grams of camphor in it. Keep this mixture in the sun and wait for it to dissolve completely. You can use this mixture to massage the affected region of your leg. This will give relief from the pain or cramps. This is one of the most efficient home remedies for leg pain, cramps.
3. Consume green vegetables and fresh fruits on a daily basis. You can even try consuming bananas, dates and grains.
4. Take some methi leaves and allow them to dry in the sun. Now crush these leaves to form a fine powder and then you can consume one spoon of this powder with a glass of water every morning. This is quite an effective alternative for treating leg pain and cramps.
5. Practicing yoga exercises such as uttan pad and gomukh are very effective in treating all kinds of body aches. Regular practice of yoga will prove to be quite beneficial.
6. To get quick relief from leg pain you can try using a mixture of almond oil and coconut oil. All you need to do is take some coconut oil and almond oil in equal quantities. Mix them together and then heat till this mixture becomes warm. Massaging the affected area of leg with this mixture will give you immediate relief from pain.
7. Taking hot baths or soaking your leg in hot salt water can give you immediate relief from the pain and will relax you.
8. Take half cup of water and boil it. Now add one teaspoon of saffron in it and allow it to steep. Strain the mixture and drink it three times daily to cure leg pain.
9. Fenugreek powder is another alternative for treating leg pain. Every morning take a glass full of water and then add two to three teaspoons of fenugreek powder in it. Drinking this mixture will give you good results.
These are some of the most popular home remedies for leg pain, cramps which are simple, cheap and convenient to use.